Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 23:28:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        paul@mu.org (Paul Saab)
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM/stable/BT-958 questions

Paul Saab wrote...
> Kenneth D. Merry (ken@plutotech.com) wrote:
> > Paul Saab wrote...
> > >
> > > When I run camcontrol -l under -stable I get this...
> > > camcontrol: cam_real_open_device: Path Inquiry CCB failed
> > > cam_real_open_device: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> >
> > 	What it's telling you is that for some reason, the CAMIOCOMMAND
> > ioctl definition in camcontrol isn't the same as the CAMIOCOMMAND ioctl
> > definition in the kernel.
> >
> > 	Do you by any chance have some old CAM headers lying around
> > somewhere?  They'd be in /usr/include/cam/...
>
> This is the first time I installed CAM, so I don't think I have
> any old headers around.  Other than not being able to use camcontrol,
> I have been pleased with how it is functioning.

That's bizarre.  I'm glad you're happy with the rest of it, though. :)

Are there any other stable/CAM users out there?  Have you been able to use
camcontrol?  (remember you have to have device pass0 in your kernel config
file and you need to make the xpt and pass devices in /dev)  What I'm
trying to determine is whether this is an isolated incident or whether it's
a problem with the -stable port in general.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com