Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:48:31 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Matthew Blacklow <matthew.blacklow@ticca.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: C clue on FreeBSD again!

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 02:50:21PM +1000, Matthew Blacklow wrote:
> Yesterday I made a post asking how to suppress the output of a program
> spawned in C using the System() function.
> The replies I had were very helpful and successfully supressed the output.
> However they worked a little too good and they even suppressed the return
> value of the program which i really need to capture.

You are not giving enough details for anyone to be able to help you
with the specific problem.  Show us the relevant source of your
program, and the exact commands that you are trying to system().

We can only guess what you are trying to do, and your `return value'
is not something you did mention in the original question.  Give more
details, please, on:

a) What exactly you are trying to do?
b) How are you trying to do it?
c) How does it fail to meet your requirements?

-giorgos