Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 96 11:12:54 WET
From:      <E00114@vnet.atea.be> (Rob Schofield)
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NE 3200 Ethernet card

Hi there.

I recently acquired a Novell/Microdyne NE3200 32-bit (EISA) Ethernet card,
about which I know virtually nothing. I have no idea which chipset it's using,
and I have had to grab an old config file off the net just to install it!

So here comes the questions:

1) Any one know which chipset it uses?
2) Is there a dedicated driver under 2.1.x? (I don't think there is)
3) If not, does the card have a "compatibility mode" or emulation capability
for another card such as the NE2000, or something?
4) Is anyone working on, or interested in, a driver for this card?

Due to the vast financial investment I made (about $2, brand new ;^) I would
like to try and make it work! If anyone has any info, abusive comments or even
a tech manual, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Thanks!
--
Happiness is a smoking processor.......
Rob Schofield M.Sc. AMIEE