Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:30:46 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        gibbs@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Advansys Weirdness (tm)

On 14-Mar-01 Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>  The second time the adw0 line is printed, there is no line which says that the
>  firmware load failed, but I don't know if that's because it suceeded or if it
>  bombs
>  before then.
>
>  I will get a stack trace soon.

OK, well I see that the Advansys code doesn't do a bus_release_resource() when an
error happens.

I think that in adw_pci_attach() instead of just doing return(ENXIO), do
err = ENXIO;
goto bailout;

[ .. ]
bailout:
if (regs)
    bus_release_resource(dev, regs_type, regs_id, regs);

I will see if I can work up a proper diff :)

WRT the actual problem (ie the firmware doesn't load) I am guessing the card must be
faulty since it has a problem in the BIOS.. (Where it says init error 0x2) - that
problem doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time.

Occassionally the card actually works properly though.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum