Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 07:33:55 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        tony@hornet.netac.co.za
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Csh Scripting ?

switch ($MANPATH)
case /usr/local/*:
   echo "It's in there"
   breaksw
case /usr/share/*:
   echo "It's someplace else"
   breaksw
default:
   echo "Where is it?"
   breaksw
endsw

Two notes:

1.  Always start your csh scripts with #!/bin/csh -bf
2.  Never write csh scripts.  I speak from personal experience, but
    also see Peek, O'Reilly, Loukides: _Unix Power Tools_, page 948:
    ``C Shell Programming Considered Harmful.''

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

If you're an archaeologist, I bet it's real embarrassing to put together a
skull from a bunch of ancient bone fragments, but then it turns out it's not a
skull but just an old dried-out potato.  -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey