Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 12:48:18 -0400
From:      kwc@world.std.com (Kenneth W Cochran)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel ppp (pppd) version 2.3.5 --> 2.3.8

What is the "status" of pppd more recent than 2.3.5 (2.3.8, for
example) making it into -STABLE (RELENG_3)?

Not a show-stopper, but I'm getting a strange "received bad
configure-nak/rej" (at LOG_ERR level while trying to negotiate
CCP) every time I connect.  I do not get this behavior under
Linux (Slackware 4.0/kernel 2.2.10/pppd-2.3.7).  I don't recall
getting it under Linux with pppd 2.3.5, though, either...  IIRC
the Linux version "properly" rejects the CCP negotiation it
doesn't like...  :)

According to the pppd-2.3.8 sources, they have updated it for
FreeBSD 3.0.  I suppose I could install it "manually" but I'm
not (yet) keen on messing with the source tree (ie. I don't want
to mess-up the cvsup procedure).

Is this worth my filing a pr?

Thanks,

-kc