Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 1998 10:46:39 -0700
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony CDU926S

>Is anyone using this CD-R drive succesfully with CAM?

Yup, and it works just fine, with the submitted quirk entry to avoid
probing multi-LUNs.  I successfully burned a CD-R on it yesterday (it
was mountable and readable).  You'll need the cdrecord patches for CAM
support to make it work.

I use a simple one-line shell-script containing the following:

	cdrecord -v dev=0,4,0 fs=8m speed=2 -data $*

just so I don't have to remember the options, and can add -dummy for
testing.

cdrecord thinks it is a CDU924S but is otherwise happy with the drive.

	-- Parag