Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 17:58:15 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com
Cc:        amir@neuron.net, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, nirva@ishiboo.com
Subject:   Re: -current kills harddrives

> I just looked at http://www.trimm.com/, VERY nice Web site, I like the level
> of detail they provide  :-)
>
> The Trinketbox looks substantially similar to JMR's Chico towers, we have
> had bad experiences with these because when the fan goes: your drive cooks.
> I like a minimum of two fans.  :-)

Sure, if you can afford it. I replaced another cabinet (for my Barracuda)
with the Trinketbox, and it runs *much* cooler now. Also, a big local
supplier here always recommends the Trinketbox for the 'cudas - and they
do this from experience (those Barracudas run hot!)

Btw, the Web page for the Trinketbox mentions 'the new 10000 RPM drives'.
Anybody heard more details of these yet?