Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:00:59 -0400
From:      Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
To:        Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, kstewart@owt.com
Subject:   Re: kdelibs3 fails to build

Ok, my desktop is back up, so no more yahoo address.
When I was searching on google, I was lead to believe that mcopidl was
part of artS.
So I installed ports/audio/arts and that installed mcopidl.
I installed kdelibs and it ran without a hitch.  Now I finally have kde3
running :)

I then got an email from Laurie, who stated the steps that I took is
what I should have done.
So bottom line, if one gets the mcopidl error while installing kde3,
install the artS port first.

The only things I deleted for kde2 before running the install were
kdebase2, kdelibs2 and qt2. (thats all I installed in the first place).

--
Gerard Samuel
http://www.trini0.org:81/