Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:30:55 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        James Green <james@stealthnet.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changing email for periodic BSD reports

# james@stealthnet.co.uk / 2002-10-01 13:21:43 +0100:
> Hi all,
>
> My local dev box is configured to send all mail to our main office mail
> server. A consequence of this is that daily, weekly, and monthly
> automated bsd reports, sent to root@, are being received by our mail
> server and forwarded to root@ourdomain, which goes to my bosses.
>
> So, how can I change the email address of these reports? Many thanks.

    there are at least three answers:
    a) set your MTA to deliver root's mail locally
        -> solution is MTA dependant

    b) redirect root's mail to another account, such as yours
        -> aliases(5)

    c) make periodic(8) send the output to another account
        -> /etc/defaults/periodic.conf
           /etc/periodic.conf

--
begin 666 nonexistent.vbs