Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:39:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ian P. Thomas" <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        ipthomas_77@yahoo.com (Ian P. Thomas)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: natd failed to write packet back(RESOLVED)

	Again answering my own question.  This is what I added to my
firewall to get rid of the natd errors.

$fwcmd add allow udp from 10.0.0.1 1031-1038 to 128.205.106.1 53 out xmit
tun0

	Allowing ICMP for ping and traceroute helped give me more info.  I
noticed on the FreeBSD archives that this problem looked like it went
unsolved(of course maybe I didn't see the resolution).  I am going to email
this to the author of the tutorial and see if he can add it to the questions
portion at the end.

	This takes care of how Earthlink's handshake works when
establishing a connection which is what was causing natd grief.

Ian

In the last episode, Ian P. Thomas stated...