Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 12:56:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.NET>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current NFS problem

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Brian Feldman wrote:

> Perhaps this could be the problem with NFS "hanging" certain people all
> the time? (not the pine thing) The system spending way too much time
> inside the kernel transmitting NFS packets....
>
> Brian Feldman

The way I understand it, unless you aren't running nfsiod processes this
shouldn't be an issue, all NFS requests except close are done async and
passed off to the nfsiod's to handle for the client.

btw, my pine problem *might* have somehow gone with my last kernel
build, I'm not sure though.

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current