Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 23:00:12 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        User Al Johnson <Al.Johnson@AJC.State.Net>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv

Amancio Hasty:
 |There are two problems at least over here:
 |
 |1. Sometimes I get wavy black lines going across the screen.
 |   This one I am not sure what it is due to .

Yeah, I've seen that one too over here.

 |2. A black center line splitting the tv screen in half . This
 |   problem goes away if the width is divisable by 4.

Hmmm.  Interesting.  My problem was definitely with base address not
divisible by 4, not width not divisible by 4.  Two possible diffs come to
mind: 1) are you running 4Bpp?--I'm running 3Bpp, and 2) diff driver
versions might be coming into play here.

Can the Milleniums be configured for packed 24bpp (3 byte-per-pixel) mode.
If so, do these all look good?:

         fxtv -geometry +3+100
         fxtv -geometry +4+100
         fxtv -geometry +5+100