Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 12:39:52 -0400
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        tom@haven.uniserve.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BT946C strangeness

    Tom>   I've just got a BT946C, and decided to try it out with the
    Tom> latest SNAP.  The weird part is that is detects it as a EISA
    Tom> device!

You think that's bad?  My own BT946C under 2.0-RELEASE is an ISA
device:

   bt0: Bt946C/ 0-PCI/EISA/VLB(32bit) bus
   bt0: reading board settings, busmastering, int=15
   bt0: version 4.22, sync, parity, 32 mbxs, 32 ccbs
   bt0: targ 5 async
   bt0: Enabling Round robin scheme
   bt0 at 0x334 irq 15 on isa

And after installing it, I got a new mystery message during the pci
probe:

   pci0:11: vendor=0xffff, device=0x140, class=storage [not supported]
           map(10): io(334)

Huh?

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

Kill roaches with a monkey wrench while playing Wagnerian arias on a
kazoo.  If your roommate complains, explain that it is for your
performance art class (or hit him/her with the wrench).
-- One of 120 ways to annoy your roommate.