Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:11:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Julien Pham" <jpham@mis.mc>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD on a computer with a windows OS installed

Julien Pham <jpham@mis.mc> types:
> So on ly computer I have windows installed on my 4Gb drive, and I want to
> install FreeBSD on my empty 8Gb drive. Of course after FreeBSD installation
> I want to be able to boot either FreeBSD or windows.
>
> Do I have something to know on installation on how to do this ?

Yes. You need to know that you should install BootEasy (the FreeBSD
boot manager) on the disk with Windows install on it, and either
BootEasy or a standard boot manager on the second disk. This way you
get a keyboard menu for DOS or disk2, and going to disk2 either boots
FreeBSD or gets a similar menu for FreeBSD or disk1.

	<mike