Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 00:54:41 -0800
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S." <m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Are broken ports useful?

Thanks to both,
It has much sense to modify the Makefile.in instead of the Makefile, for
one thing I donīt know exactly what will come out after configuring
(specially if an OpenBSD dude wants to try it).
I checked into the Makefile.in and found this (among other things):

INSTALL = @INSTALL@
INSTALL_PROGRAM = @INSTALL_PROGRAM@
INSTALL_DATA = @INSTALL_DATA@
INSTALL_USER = @USER@

on the Makefile I found this:

INSTALL = /usr/bin/install -c -o bin -g bin
INSTALL_PROGRAM = /usr/bin/install -c -s -o bin -g bin -m 555

What do I look for? What must I change? (it's my first port!)

Pedro.