Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:45:30 -0600
From:      Christopher Schulte <christopher@schulte.org>
To:        Christopher K Davis <ckd@ckdhr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports

This is what I've done when cvsup didn't properly update an older
ports tree....

mv ports ports.old ; cvsup ports-supfile

Causing, as you guessed, cvsup to pull down a freshly current ports tree.

My only concern would be if I wanted to come back at a later date and modify
a port which was installed from ports.old.... would the pkg_* suite
still be able to recognize and deal with this?  Are there other dependency
issues which one should be aware?

--
christopher matthew schulte
geek boy gone bad