Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 1995 18:14:37 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pbasic-2.0-950813.tar.gz + pbasic-2.0-950813.src.tar.gz uploaded

Julian, I recommend you go read the porting guidelines, it's section
4.3 of the handbook (http://www.freebsd.org/How/handbook) or
porting.sgml in FreeBSD-current/src/share/doc/handbook.

 * No, its a standard port, its not a money grabbing commercial licence thing :-)

This has nothing to do with the licensing.  Please read the
guidelines....

 * > By the way, I haven't received an answer to my question, did you
 * > really really really reeeeeeeeeeally have to make a new tarball?
 *
 * Never saw the question.

I sent one to you.  Should be in the ports archive.

 * You imply there was an original tarball,

There was a message by Michael Smith (msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au) to
this list about the availability of pbasic on some ftp site, alongside
with bwbasic.  Oh yeah, alongside with bwbasic...checking bwbasic's
Makefile, I found it:

  ftp://ftp.eng.umd.edu/pub/basic/

 * Your choice, I don't care either way.

I'd prefer we delete the MAINTAINER along with the comments.

 * Also, what is ${LOCAL_}?  Can't we just use ${PREFIX}?
 * (without looking at Makefile) Sure, whatever :-)

Julian, please read the ports guidelines first, ok?

Satoshi