Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:48:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Kevin S. Brackett" <ksb@abyss.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   AWE32

Few questions...

awe0 at 0x620 on isa
awe0: <SoundBlaster EMU8000 MIDI (RAM0k)>

                                 ^^^^^^^ I know the board has no extra ram
on-board, but does this mean the it has no ram period?

I don't use windows, so I had to download some synthgm.sbks (I got a few
assorted ones, including the default for the awe64) they all sound very
similar, but nothing near to what they should sound like... ie, I get alot
of different assorted screaching noises and other oddness while playing
midis, hopefully this isn't normal, and the card works in beos fine,...