Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 08:57:57 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        Ye Yong <yeyong@mail.wzptt.zj.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HP LH3 server can't find hard disk,help!

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Ye Yong wrote:

> We have a HP LH3 netserver,it have a HP NetRAID of irq 9,below is the
> from the system.txt when I use HP navigtor CD.
> mass storage information
> NetRAID Adapters found	1
>              NetRAID Adapter            0
>               channel 0,target id 9		hp  9.1GB A 80-DC1B

As another poster noted, the NetRAID used by HP isn't supported.  However
many of the HP NetServers have an Adaptec SCSI system integrated onto the
motherboard which should work nicely if your LH3 has it.  You won't have
RAID, but with vinum (or ccd) you could get striped/concatenated volumes
and mirrored disks.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia