Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:41:28 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        "A. L. Meyers" <a.l.meyers@consult-meyers.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aic7xxx driver update.

>Dear Justin,
>
>Just hope you are aware of the troubles Linux got into with their
>aic7xxx update(s) plus modules incompatibilities etc. Very much
>hope you will avoid repeating their experiences.

The main problems with the updates of the aic7xxx driver in Linux
is that I have no control over what versions are adopted.  The
particular bug you are talking about was fixed almost immediately
after it was found, but it took almost 2 months to get the changes
adopted by Linus and distributed to the majority of the community.
Fortunately, FreeBSD doesn't have those kinds of issues.

--
Justin