Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 1996 22:39:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@stretch.cs.virginia.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mirroring my root partition?

Hi everyone,

	I set aside an alternate partition of exactly the same size on
one of my non-boot disks with the intention of using it as a mirror of my
root partition.  I now have the space, but when I try using dd to copy
either the sd0a or the rsda0 devices to the mirror partition, I get
warnings about wither the first being "in use" or the second being a
read-only file system.  What I am I missing?  For now I am using tar, but
I'd prefer to use dd to get a more exact and quicker copy made.

thanks,

	Adrian
        System Administrator for the NVL, NIIMS and Telemedicine labs

adrian@virginia.edu                ---->>>>| Support your local programmer,
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~atf3r/   --->>>| STOP Software Patent Abuses NOW!
Member: The League for                 -->>| For an application and information
       Programming Freedom               ->| see: http://www.lpf.org/