Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 20:27:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        Kent Hansson <Kent.Hansson@abc.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Building custom kernel

This looks like a kernel config error.  I took the following from my
kernel config file.  It works for me, give it a shot, I think it'll work
for you too.

# sbxvi: SoundBlaster 16
# sbmidi: SoundBlaster 16 MIDI interface
controller snd0
device          sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5
device          sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device          opl0    at isa? port 0x388  # if you want

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Kent Hansson wrote:

> Hi !
>
> When i try to build a costum kernal i get the following message.

> soundcard.o: Undefined symbol `MIDIbuf_select` referenced from text
> segment
> soundcard.o: Undefined symbol `MIDIbuf_init` referenced from text
> segment
> sound_switch.o: Undefined symbol `MIDIbuf_read` referenced from text
> segment
> sound_switch.o: Undefined symbol `MIDIbuf_write` referenced from text
> segment
> sound_switch.o: Undefined symbol `MIDIbuf_open` referenced from text
> segment
> sound_switch.o: Undefined symbol `MIDIbuf_release` referenced from text
> segment
> sound:switch.o: Undefined symbol `MIDIbuf_ioct` referenced from text
> ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_sbvxidriver` referenced from data segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>

> What does this mean?
>
> I`ve attached my kernelconfig file named KINGEKERNEL.
>
> Rgrds / Kent (libens,volens,potens (soon)) :-)

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."