Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:38:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
Cc:        rodrigc@attbi.com, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: -mcpu=pentiumpro still evil?

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Alexander Kabaev wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:07:39 -0500 (CDT)
> Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com> wrote:

> cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc
> CFLAGS="-g" STRIP="" make clean all install
>
> Always worked for me.
> --
> Alexander Kabaev

Yep, STRIP= was the necessary trick, I didn't realize that install -s
meant strip. :)

As to your patch... it turns out that I wasn't using it.  I've been
testing with make buildkernel, which uses the copy of gcc built by your
last buildworld, not a more recent manual build of gcc.  Hence, I've been
testing the wrong version.  I'll go ahead and run a full buildworld before
testing again.  Sorry about my poor testing practices.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack