Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 2004 14:14:27 -0500
From:      "Richard Uhlman" <ruhlman@comcast.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

Hello,

I am new to using FreeBSD, and I am trying to use a FreeBSD box as a
firewall/router.  I am trying to get the router working correctly first.
My issue is that my box will not receive an IP address from Comcast when
the dhclient starts.  I commented out all of the firewall commands in my
rc.conf file, but left the ifconfig_ep0="DHCP".  The machine is running
2 NIC's and I have verified that the correct one has the cable plugged
into it.  I am running release 5.2.1.