Date:      Tue, 01 Oct 2002 01:09:58 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        scott.mitchell@mail.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any opinions on 'Sparklan' WiFi cards?

In message: <20020930172333.A8623@fishballoon.dyndns.org>
            Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com> writes:
: Does anyone know (or care to hazard a guess) whether these cards are likely
: to work with 4.x:
:
: http://www.gemplex.com.tw/eng/WL-311F.html
: http://www.gemplex.com.tw/eng/spec/WL-311F.pdf
:
: The spec claims 'PRISM 2.5', which is promising, but you never know with
: these things.  I'm also curious to know what '64-bit WEP (128-bit
: optional)' actually means.  There's also a PCI version, but the spec sheet
: doesn't give away much about what that's built from.

I'd guess 95% chance that it works with if_wi, or could easily be made
to work.

Warner