Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:15:19 -0400
From:      "Eric Griff" <eric@netdesign1.com>
To:        <isp@freebsd.org>, "Manar Hussain" <manar@ivision.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Allaire Coldfusion

Cool.
    We design, and host websites, and have found that ColdFusion is fast,
and rapidly developable.  As of ColdFusion 4.0, it seriously appears they
are starting to look at the ISP market. I was on a mission to find a
replacement for CF, til 4.0. They added a number of security things at that
point, including sandboxes.
    It still has some to go, though it is on it's way.

    They now have linuxstub, which allows Apache running on a Linux machine,
to connect and execute coldfusion templates on a Solaris, or NT machine
running Cold Fusion Application Server.

    They are also porting to linux now.

    I tried the linuxstub module under linux emulation, however, the
linux_lib .so's aren't all the correct versions. It can be built on a
FreeBSD machine, too, though, with the same results.

Eric A. Griff

NETDesign Inc.
181 Genesee Street
Suite 500