Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 23:46:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@worldnet.fr>
To:        jaco@titine.fr.eu.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pb with Inspiron 3500, FBSD 3.1-R and pcmcia

On 26 Aug, Eric Jacoboni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a i3500 that used to run under Linux for a while but, for some
> reasons, i want to use FBSD with it.
>
> I've installed FBSD from a 3.1-R cd-rom and all is ok, including
> XFree.
>
> The only pb i have is about pcmcia cards :
>
> I've a 3COM 3C589D and, following various informations i've gathered,
> i've try various configs but none is ok.
>
> Kernel messages at reboot says /dev/card0 is not configured :(
>
> The 'best result' (/dev/card0 is not configured) i get are with this
> config :

I also have a 3C589D on my laptop and it works. My laptop is not a Dell
but a Unika.

Sometimes, I also have this message when I reboot the laptop from Win98.
Do you have this message at cold boot?

Tomorrow morning, I will have a look at my config file for a 3.1R but I
can tell you now that I have not change anything from the generic
version.

--
 Philippe CASIDY
 Consultant Génie Logiciel