Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 1996 13:38:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        peters@staidan.qld.edu.au (Peter Stubbs)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: reading ufs from OS/2

> Hi all,
>
> I've just seen an announcement in comp.os2.announce of a free .ifs for
> OS/2 to be able to read & write to linux partitions.
>
> QUOTE
> ---------
> ext2-os2.ifs is a file system driver that allows OS/2 to seamlessly
> access Linux native partitions (ext2fs partitions) in both read and
> write modes. Once installed, Linux partitions appear as standard OS/2
> drive letters, one per Linux partition.
> ----------
> ENDQUOTE
>
> How alien is the linux file system from the FBSD one? Would it work?
> It would be nice if it did!

Boy I wish someone would write this for FreeBSD (or hpfs for FreeBSD).
It's the one reason I'm considering Linux on my laptop...

Bill

 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter        | The postmaster always pings twice.
 Lakewood MicroSystems               | 17 Meredith Drive,
 908-389-3592                        | Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
 pechter@shell.monmouth.com          |