Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:19:57 -0700
From:      Xin Li <delphij@delphij.net>
To:        armonia <armonia@inbox.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Michelle Sullivan <michelle@sorbs.net>
Subject:   Re: ZFS out of swap space

On 03/30/15 01:32, armonia wrote:
> Yes, my mistake was probably that I have included data
> deduplication to see how it works, but not turned it off at the
> right time. In this case, the machine memory of 4 GB ....
>
> async_destroy - too enabled.
>
> That is the conclusion I have deduplication disabled.

Hrm, usually async_destroy should be enough to protect against this
situation.

Can you try if setting the sysctl variable vfs.zfs.free_max_blocks to
a limited number, like, 100,000, would make the pool import properly?
 You may have run out of memory because of too much data being free'ed
in one transaction group?

(I would recommend doing this after importing the pool read-only and
copy your data off, though).

> How to import a pool of read-only?

zpool import -o readonly poolname.