Date:      08 May 2001 10:19:51 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sony Z600-HEK - un-recommendation

This is just a quick e-mail to let everyone know my experiences with
my Sony Z600-HEK.

For the most part, it's a good laptop. The ethernet port works fine,
as does the memory stick slot.

The one MAJOR thing that it has going against it is that it really was
built for Windows. Certain things just don't work under FreeBSD. Some
of these things are vital to my day to day use and are as follows:

1. Screen brightess - Only works under windows. When you press fn-5,
it pops up a brightness control in the center of the screen, and you
use the jog dial to adjust it.

2. Suspend - same thing

3. LCD / Monitor selection - same thing.

So that's my 2c worht. Otherwise, it's a nice notebook. If it wasn't
for these problems, it would be a gorgeous laptop.

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk