Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:06:53 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why no Indians and Arabs?

>Why does a person's nationality or ethnicity matter?

   It doesn't, and the moment that it starts to matter we have a problem. As
already pointed out by Terry, we do in fact have Indian and Arab developers,
some of which I've had the pleasure of becoming friends with. A person's
nationality or ethnicity has never been a criteria for participation in
FreeBSD development (or anything else except skill, competence, and ability
to get along with others).

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.