Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 22:05:40 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Eric Ho" <eho@fore.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP over Ethernet server (RFC2516)

> Hi,
>
> I am just wondering if we have a PPP over Ethernet server (RFC2516)
> implementation running on FreeBSD?
>
> Thanks in advance!

No, *but*

Doug White did some work on this a while ago and has something
running.  I'm just not sure how *free* it is :-I  (I believe ``not at
all yet'' is the answer).

I've had the rfc in my brief case for about a week now, but that's
behind the BACP spec which is behind a load of small fixes &
enhancements.....  First on my list is some sync card support though.

If anyone's interested, I'm happy to discuss the design change
(datalink state machine) that's required for PPPoE.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>