Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:26:20 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hauppage WinTV-PCI/FM only bright blue screen with snow

R. Lahaye:
 |I'm using a Hauppage WinTV-PCI/FM TV-card in South-Korea
 |(NTSC, supposedly). I'm running FreeBSD-4.4 with FreeBSD-3.3.6 and...
... |
 |device pcm
 |device bktr
 |options SYSVSHM
 |options SYSVSEM
 |options SYSVMSG

Try adding:

    options         SHMALL=1025
    options         SHMMAX="(SHMMAXPGS*PAGE_SIZE+1)"
    options         SHMMAXPGS=1025
    options         SHMMIN=2
    options         SHMMNI=256
    options         SHMSEG=128

That's probably not it, but you'll want them with XFree86 4.x.  Also I
presume you have these goodies in there:

    device               smbus
    device               iicbus
    device               iicbb

 |When I start "fxtv -disableDirectV", I only get a bright blue TV-screen,
 |with randomly a few running black lines sometimes. When I only start "fxtv"
 |and select the AFC-option, I get a nice TV-screen for a fraction of a second,
 |but then this turns into the same bright blue.
 |
 |Sound is there, but very much distorted.
 |
 |Do I need to set anymore options? I have tried to switch between NTSC/m
 |and NTSC/j, to no avail.

Hmmm.  When you say:

  When I only start "fxtv" and select the AFC-option, I get a nice TV-screen...

do you mean you deselected the AFC option?  If so maybe AFC is drifting off
your channel for some reason.  Try "fxtv -noafc".  Also, when you say you
"only start fxtv", do you mean without the -disableDirectV option?

Randall