Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2013 15:06:18 -0500
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Staging break user account modification in post-install

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM, olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 2013-11-10 20:40, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> > post-install is now called *BEFORE* users are created (before staging was
> > added it was after)... looking at bsd.port.mk there seems no reasonable
> > target that replaces post-install for this purpose.   Namely I need to
> lock
> > the user account that was created and assign a default password to it.
> > This is what I had that used to work:
> >
> > post-install:
> >           echo password|pw usermod user -h 0 2>/dev/null
> >           pw lock user
>
> Is the account always locked?

No it is locked/unlocked by a WebUI when ever the user needs to perform
some task that is requires streaming stdio (i.e. the WebUI will say "To
complete task X do the following in a terminal 'ssh user@localhost' and the
WebUI will do what ever juggling is needed to make it so X is performed on
the next login into user [including unlocking the account] when tsak X
completes it locks the account [in reality we do it before] again).

> If yes what is the difference to create a user without any password and
> assigning '/usr/sbin/nologin' as shell?
>
> What happens to the account without staging if installed from a package?

Right now we are doing remote testing (different machine then the
development one) via the port and thus have disabled pkg creation and thus
need to do it before this.