Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:46:59 -0800
From:      sam sirlin <swsirlin@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unhappy Xorg upgrade

I've just upgraded to the latest xorg on my amd64 box
 7.1-STABLE FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE #0: Fri Jan 16 07:33:20 PST 2009

I have a radeon graphics card,
drm0: <ATI Radeon RV280 9250> on vgapci0

- had to add the option mentioned in UPDATING

Section "ServerLayout"
  Option         "AllowEmptyInput" "off"

Things seem mostly running on my box, though there are many of these

 emacs
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".

I now see that ssh into a remote host (solaris 10 sparc), running emacs
there pops up a window, but then typing anything into the window kills
it, with

X protocol error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation) on
protocol request 149

(on the remote machine). xv works ok.

This doesn't happen if the remote host is linux rh4... This didn't
happen before the xorg upgrade. Seems to be some sort of incompatibility
in X11. Any ideas?

Sam Sirlin