Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:32:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   --MARK--, what is it?

In my lab with clients NFS-mounted they start printing --MARK-- all over
their screens whenever the server is halted (by me). Funny thing is that
they do not appear on all clients, nor do they go away when the server is
brought up again. What are they? I've localized the origin to syslogd.c but
I for one cannot fathom what it is good for. And why does it show up on the
client? The latter are running just fine and I can login to them and so on.

I've posted about this a couple of months ago but found no real good
answers.

(Of course I could just comment out the line in syslogd.c...)

/Micke

Michael Josefsson, MSEE
mj@isy.liu.se

This message was sent by XFMail