Date:      Sun, 03 May 2015 12:41:38 -0400
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix with TLS

   Matthew Seaman wrote:

On 03/05/2015 16:52, Ernie Luzar wrote:

pkg info postfix shows the TLS is enabled by default.
I know what TLS is, but I don't know what this means to postfix.

Does this mean that postfix has all the internal security library's
compiled in and
can function right out of the box as a email server communicating using
TLS?

Yes.  This gives you the option that, subject to setting various
configuration flags and supplying SSL keys and certs, in any SMTP
dialogue, as a receiver postfix will offer 'STARTTLS' as an available
command, and as a sender it will invoke STARTTLS when the other side
offers it.  So all your e-mail should be encrypted over the wire.  I'm
not entirely sure why this is even considered optional in this day and
age...

        Cheers,

        Matthew

   Is the ability builtin to create SSL keys and certs?