Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 00:38:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@RWSystems.net>
To:        Mark Linvill <mlinvill@cioe.com>
Cc:        Chris Cook <ccook@tcworks.net>, Martin <marrandy@tampabay.rr.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 queries

Sage advice. Access can be a nifty front-end for hacking data into MySQL,
though. 8{) If you are looking for an industrial-grade run-your-business
billing package, IMHO you can't do better than BillMax. You can see for
yourself at http://www.billmax.com and form your own opinions.

Developed on Apache, MySQL, and FreeBSD, it is available for other
environments like Sun and Linux. Your users like the email invoicing and
your techs will like the speed and ease-of-use. Not as cheap as Access,
but that's a feature in my book. It replaced a hell of a quickbooks
scripting every month! The customer updates (including tunable automatic
shutoffs for unpaid accounts) are pushed to the Radius server and web/mail
servers. It can be organizational superglue for an ISP. - Jy@

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Mark Linvill wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Chris Cook wrote:
	[several things snipped]
> >> 3)  (but you only said there was two ; )  Best/cheapest billing software ?
> >
> >We rigged something up in access... easy to do and very customizable.
>
> No way in hell I would trust my mission critical billing to a toy like
> MS Access.  IMHO Access is a prototyping tool if anything.
>
> Spend a little money up front for a turn-key billing package.  In a
> year or two if you have any growth, you'll really appreciate it.
	[ more snipped ]