Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:40:59 -0500
From:      Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Services running OpenVPN on a Jail

Hi guys,

I use OpenVPN to get an IP address that my mail/web/etc daemons listen on.
Right now, everything runs without a jail. I want to start jailing services.

OpenVPN runs on the host and provides the IP address via tap0. Would I be
unable to jail, say, my httpd, because, from the jail, it would not be able
to access tap0 on the host? There's multiple services that listen on that
tap0 IP, and it would be pointless to jail them all together.

Thanks!
-srg