Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:10:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   auth_pam

Having problems getting a file to restore off of a remote tape.
The session logs in just fine with restore but only after this prints to
the screen

# restore -i -f coretes.cydonia.net:/dev/nrsa0
Apr 18 09:04:50 coretes rshd[21649]: auth_pam: Permission denied
Apr 18 09:04:50 coretes rshd[21649]: auth_pam: Permission denied
Apr 18 09:04:50 coretes rshd[21649]: PAM authentication failed
Apr 18 09:04:50 coretes rshd[21649]: PAM authentication failed

I get a prompt for restore. I add the needed file and the tape go's for a
good hour before asking me if I want to set permissions for the file.
I make my selection and then end the restore session. But the file is
never restored. I'm curious if the PAM errors are prohibiting it from
actualy having permissions to write the file back to the system or
something. I'm stumped.

Keith

I here by change the name
of RedHat to RedSplat.