Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 14:21:54 -0700
From:      "Josef C. Grosch" <jgrosch@xsvr2.cup.hp.com>
To:        Garth Corral <garthc@compass-da.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Which Motif for FreeBSD?

On Aug 29,  2:04pm, Garth Corral wrote:
> Subject: Which Motif for FreeBSD?
>
> Hello all,

[ DELETED ]

>     Which brings me to the point of this message (sorry for the long
> winded justification above but making the switch after such a long time
> feels a bit like cheating :-) ).  The primary reason for the switch is
> that I'm in need of a Motif runtime + development package and there are
> exactly zero available for NetBSD.  The flip side to this is that there
> seem to be several available for FreeBSD.
>
>     I used SWiM 1.2.4 when it was available for NetBSD and was a
> completely satisfied customer.  My inclination would be to get the SWiM 2.0
> distribution for FreeBSD but I noticed that Xinside also has a similar
> product.  Does anyone have experience with one or the other (or both) of
> these products?  How do they compare?  Is one clearly better than the
> other?  Are there any restrictions on the use of the Xinside package?
> i.e, do I need accelerated-X?  I'm not sure but it appears that there may
> also be a product from Metrolink (?).  Is this true?  If so, how does it
> compare to the other two?

[ DELETED ]

> P.S.  Another reason for the switch is that for as long as I can remember
>       (386bsd days) Jordan has always been a voice of reason in the BSD
>       community and has done a great deal to provide FreeBSD with a very
>       professional and positive image.  Keep up the great work.
>
>-- End of excerpt from Garth Corral

I have been using Motif from Xinside for several months now. I have no problems
with it. It seems to be a very fine product and well worth the $150.00 I paid
for it. I recomend it very highly.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch, 47LG4 | "Laugh while you can, | My opinions are mine, not
jgrosch@cup.hp.com  |    monkey boy!"       | HPs. They have'nt paid for