Date:      Thu, 27 May 2004 09:50:50 -0500
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Paul Brownsea <dxdad27@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation problems

Paul Brownsea wrote:

>I downloaded and burned the FreeBSD 4.9 ISO images and I can't seem to
>install. I get past the bit with configuring the kernel but get stuck just
>afterwards, the last two messages are as follows:
>
>ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
>ata0: resetting devices ..
>
>And then it just hangs.

Please direct technical questions to the list at
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.

This looks like a hardware issue, specifically the
hard drive, but you'll get a better answer there.

Be sure and do a little googling first, and tell
'em you're a "newb" so they'll go easy on ya ...
(LOL, they probably will, anyway...)

Good luck,

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.