Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 16:00:07 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        CRG <carlos.garcia@veridian.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question on making a custom release

[ Please don't cross-post to so many lists!  I'm dropping everything
except -questions. ]

CRG <carlos.garcia@veridian.com> writes:
> Then I:
> setenv CVSROOT /usr/local/cvstree
> cd /usr/src
> make buildworld
> cd /usr/src/release
> make release BUILDNAME=4.3-CUSTOM CHROOTDIR=/usr/local/latest43/release
> CVSROOT=/usr/local/cvstree NOPORTS=1 NODOC=1

You also need ``RELEASETAG=RELENG_4'' if you want a 4-STABLE release.
If you were trying to build a -CURRENT release, you need to be doing
that from a -CURRENT tree and on a -CURRENT host.  From the looks of
it, you wanted the former (a 4-STABLE release).

>                         (started Tue Jul  3 02:41:43 GMT 2001)
> + touch /tmp/.world_done
> + cd /usr/src/release/sysinstall
> cd: can't cd to /usr/src/release/sysinstall
> jett#
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/src/release.
>
> I want to know which /usr/src/release/sysinstall?
> The one created in /usr/local/cvstree?, /usr/local/latest43/release?, or
> my
> /usr/src/release/sysinstall on my host machine.

You don't provide enough context to tell, but I'm guessing it wants
the one in your checked out copy.  Fix the problem I mentioned above
and it should work.

					Dima Dorfman
					dima@unixfreak.org