Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 19:57:57 -0400
From:      Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More de0 problems.

At 11:39 AM 4/15/97 -0700, Jaye Mathisen wrote:
>Argh.  I have a P6-200 with 2 DEC DE500-AA's (-AC part num), replacing
>an SMC card that I was having problems with.
>
>My system boots through netstart, gets to "add net default", then
>craps out with a "Enabling 100baseTX port", and de1: Enabling...
>
>Then craps out with an NMI, and drops into the debugger with a "Trap type
>19", code=0.

Does your BIOS have PCI Parity enabled?

>Stopped at "tulip_delay_300ns+0x17".

That routine simply reads a PCI register 10 times (10 x 30ns = 300ns).
If it dying with an NMI, you probably have serious hardware problem.

>Has anybody ported the updated de0 driver to -RELEASE?

I don't think that'll help

3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    http://www.3am-software.com/bio/matt.html
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message