Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 1996 23:20:13 -0400
From:      Chris Peltier <CPELTIER@iectech.com>
To:        "'tyler@heathers.stdio.com'" <tyler@heathers.stdio.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE:  PPP freezing w/ USR Sportsters

It may not be your problem. Many Sportster 28.8s made
before May 15th or so in 1996 have a pause problem. The
symptoms are as you describe. The connection is maintained
(carrier) but no data is transmitted or received. Some people
call this the "pregent pause" problem.

Either get your ISP to send them back to USR for repair or
find a new ISP. Just to be sure you might try dialing into another
service that supports PPP.

Sincerely,
                        Chris Peltier

*	email: CPELTIER@IECTECH.COM