Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 2003 08:58:42 -0800
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Yacenko Dmitry <yacenko@dmitry.ru>
Cc:        gja@ansley.com, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  MPT driver

Sorry- I hadn't seen all the mail yet.

Can you see whether or not the LSI-Logic controller is even being found?

You can do this by booting the installation kernel, stopping at the
'booting in 9 seconds' prompt by hitting the 'space' key and then
entering 'boot -v' at the 'ok' prompt.

This should dump out a verbose printout of what is found during kernel
probing.

I do know that the mpt driver sees the onboard LSI-Logic controller on
IBM e335 machines.

It's often hard to diagnose why the installer doesn't see the disks.

-matt