Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 18:45:54 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <don@PartsNow.com>
To:        amuniz@interdata.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CGI

Two resources which will solve your problems: http://www.apache.org
and http://www.hwg.org. It's not FreeBSD that's different, you need to
enable CGI in your Apache config files. In the latest 1.2b10
distribution, these are in /usr/local/etc/apache. They're actually
pretty  well documented in the files [ horselaugh, sorry! ], so edit
those files to enable Options ExecCGI in the CGI directory, enable the
ScriptAlias for /cgi-bin/ to be /usr/local/www/cgi-bin or wherever your
data is (mine's /var/httpd/cgi-bin because I made a big /var partition
on a separate disk) and enable the line that allows execution of .cgi
scripts. Finally,
	kill -HUP `cat /var/run/httpd.pid`
to restart all the httpd processes. Actually, I believe the later
versions killing the first PID will kill and restart all of them.
	The HWG is an excellent webmaster's resource for any level of
expertise, and Apache.org has, of course the TFM to R. ;)
	Have fun, it's actually simple. (Of course, I've done it a dozen times,
so maybe I've forgotten some of the frazzle and pizzazz.)
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *