Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 01:42:47 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@mother.sneaker.net.au>
To:        dean@odyssey.apana.org.au (Dean Hollister)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Killer Daemons

+-----[ Dean Hollister ]------------------------------

| Hiyall,
|
| Anyone ever written a powerful killer daemon that can kill pap logins as
| well as shell logins? I've looked at idled in detail and it won't touch
| pap logins. We need something that will kill the pppd process.

idled does kill PAP logins.
I use it here to do that.

I'm running pppd, and a modified (but not for killing) idled 1.16 on
2.2.2, and it also worked under 2.1.0.

This works with the standard (well default) getty and mgetty.

--
  ,-_|\  SneakerNet       |     Andrew Milton    |    GSM: +61(41)6 022 411
 /     \ P.O. Box 154     |  akm@sneaker.net.au  |    Fax: +61(2) 9746 8233