Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2019 14:17:47 +0000
From:      Igor Andrade <igortorrente@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-embedded@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-embedded@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Mentor and Ideas for Google Summer of code

Hello FreeBSD community,
I am computer science student in the last year of graduation at University =
of Campinas (Unicamp) and have interest to contribute with something in dev=
ice drivers or ports areas, like these items in the ideas list [1], [2] and=
 [3] . I already sent an email to soc-admin[4] and talked with Mahdi Mokhta=
ri which advised me to send this message. I'm looking for a mentor to help =
me with ideas and evaluation of thoses.
I do not have a specific project in mind because I never worked in a kernel=
 before and not have enough knowledge to choose a project suitable for my q=
ualifications.
Being these qualifications: 5 years and a lot of projects in C, a little kn=
owledge in linux devices drivers, theory of O.S. and processor architecture=
.
If it is possible I would like to work with something related to Power arch=
itecture or device driver, mostly because of my personal interest and under=
graduate research with IBM, but I'm totally fine to contribute with more ea=
sily or different thing to.
[1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCodeIdeas#PowerPC.2C_ARM.2C_MIPS_new_p=
latform_bring-up
[2] https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCodeIdeas#Improve_support_for_an_embed=